CarPlay makes driving safer by reducing distractions, at least according to Apple and AAA, and it’s more user-friendly than many infotainment systems found in cars. That’s because motorists can access a wide array of features without touching their mobile device, or taking their eyes off the road. If you’re ready for iOS in your dashboard, here’s everything you need to know about Apple CarPlay.
The new Wireless CarPlay dongle does not require a USB connection to your iPhone to use CarPlay.
Wireless Carplay Dongle
You have an old car with no official Apple CarPlay (or Android Auto) support built into the head unit? Don’t want to replace the factory head unit with a third-party one, which in all honestly, could give a lot of compatibility problems? Well don’t worry as we have a solution for you!
Introducing Wireless Carplay Dongle which is the only aftermarket USB dongle which supports both stock steering wheel control buttons of your car for controlling Apple CarPlay Wirelessly as well as touch-screen on the head unit itself.
How to install Wireless Carplay Dongle ?
Hardware: Simply connect the Wireless Carplay Dongle to the USB port of your car’s head unit as shown in the diagram below. It’s pretty straight forward and doesn’t require any disassembly of the unit you already have in the car.
Software: Once that is done, then simply install the APK file (included with purchase on flash drive) on your head unit and voila! You’ll have Wireless Carplay Dongle interface in your car’s factory head unit.
- Connect the wireless CarPlay dongle to your car’s Android head unit’s USB port
- Install the APK file download address: http://22.214.171.124:8080/autokit/autokit.apk onto your Android head unit
- Pair your iPhone to the dongle using Bluetooth and then use WiFi connection to start enjoying Wireless CarPlay right away
Your favorite CarPlay USB dongle has gone wireless. No longer you have to connect your iPhone with a Lightning cable physically to your car’s head unit in order to use CarPlay.
Requirements & Compatibility:
- Car’s head unit must be running Android 4.4.2 or later.
- Works with iPhone 5/5c or later.
- Works with iOS 5 – iOS 12 or later.
- Supports touch-screen on head-unit.
- Wired full Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Siri, as well as all third-party CarPlay apps support.
- Supports factory steering wheel controls.